GS 2- UPSC mains Examinations
General Studies Paper 2 is one of the important papers for the UPSC Mains examination. the UPSC Mains examination is conducted For the duration of 5 days. General Studies Paper 2 has important concepts related to governance and Indian polity.
let us know more about the topic-wise concepts of General Studies Paper 2 for the UPSC Mains examination.
- Social Justice
- International Relation
The students can expect few direct questions whereas it mostly requires your analytical thinking to answer the questions which may find interrelated to each other. the student must answer the question correctly and in brief to acquire good marks.
Pattern Of UPSC mains Examinations – General Studies Paper 2
The following are the stated examination pattern for general studies- 2 papers of UPSC Mains examination:
- 20 compulsory questions printed in The selected language of the application form. the answer would not be evaluated if written in any other language.
- 250 is the aggregate mark of General Studies Paper 2 in UPSC main examinations.
- the students must give good emphasis on governance and Indian Polity related topics. the questions of the polity session are generally about the amendment, rights, and certain parts of the constitution.
- The Word limit of 10 mark question is 150 and 15 mark question is 250.
Detailed syllabus of General Studies Paper 2 of UPSC Mains examination
The following are the relevant details of the syllabus for General Studies Paper 2 of UPSC Mains examination in order to good and authentic knowledge of the respective subject.
- Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings, Evolution, Features, Amendments, Significant Provisions, and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Issues and Challenges About the Federal Structure, Devolution of Powers and Finances up to Local Levels and Challenges Therein.
- Separation of Powers between various organs Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and Institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries.
- Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Structure, Organization, and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government; Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
- Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions, and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, Regulatory, and various Quasi-judicial Bodies.
- Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
Development Processes and the Development Industry — the Role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections of the population by the Centre and States and the Performance of these Schemes; Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions, and Bodies constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections.
- Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to Poverty and Hunger.
- Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency, and Accountability, E-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability, and institutional and other measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy.
- India and its Neighborhood- Relations.
- Bilateral, Regional, and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Effect of Policies and Politics of Developed and Developing Countries on India’s interests, Indian Diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, agencies, and fora – their Structure, Mandate
Books prescribed for General Studies paper 2 for UPSC Mains Examinations
These are the books that are mostly prescribed to acquire good marks and develop a better understanding for General Studies Paper 2 in the UPSC Mains examination. the books are available offline as well as online portals and the students must buy them during their preparation for General Studies Paper 2 in the UPSC Mains examination.
- Indian polity by Laxmikant
- NCERT Class 11 book for Indian constitution at work
- Articles of The Hindu newspaper
- Press Information Bureau
- ARC reports
- economic survey
- newspaper reference and News Bulletin
- Related Article on Social Justice in The Hindu Newspaper
- Related Article on International Relations in The Hindu Newspaper
- MEA Websites
These are the vital information that can help you to acquire good and relevant knowledge for General Studies Paper 2 in the UPSC mains exam. this information will be beneficial to make your family arise with the pattern of examination and let you over with important topics to be covered before appearing for the UPSC Mains examination.
we hope that you all will do well in the upcoming UPSC Mains examination.