As the IAS Prelims exam is the primary stage of the selection process. It is a screening stage. Here is the CSE Prelims syllabus:
CSE Prelims: General Studies Ability Test (GSAT) Paper I Syllabus
- Current events of
- National and International importance.
- History of India and
- Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-
- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance –
- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development –
- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on
- Environmental Ecology,
- Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science
CSE Prelims: Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) Paper-II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) – Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)