The Mains exam of the CSE comprises 9 theoretical papers among which there are
- 4 General Studies Papers,
- 2 Language Papers and
- 1 Essay paper and
- 2 Optional Subject Papers.
Here is the complete syllabus of the CSE Mains Exam along with the syllabus of optional papers.
CSE Mains Language Papers: Indian language and English Syllabus
There are two language papers in the CSE Mains exam, which are qualifying in nature. Therefore, candidates must score above 25% in either of them to qualify.
- One essay question carries 100 marks – candidates have to select one among the given topics.
- Reading comprehension and related five-six questions which carries a total of 60 marks
- Precis writing for 60 marks – the answer sheet will have a separate grid structure where this has to be written
- Translation from English will be done in the chosen language. This section carries 20 marks.
- The Translation from chosen language to English carries for 20 marks
- A total of 40 marks are allotted to the Grammar and basic language usage such as synonyms, sentence correction etc.