» 75TH VICTORY DAY PARADE OF WW II IN MOSCOW
75TH VICTORY DAY PARADE OF WW II IN MOSCOW
Sources: PIB, PTI, The Hindu, The Indian Express, DD News, Lok Sabha Channel , Rajya Sabha Channel , All India Radio
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh to attend 75th Victory Day Parade of World War II in Moscow
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will pay a visit to Moscow to attend the Victory Parade on June 24, 2020 to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War.
- The Parade is organised to honour the heroism and sacrifices made by the Russian and other friendly people.
- Separately, a Tri-Service 75- Member Indian Military Contingent has already reached Moscow to participate in the Victory Parade along with Russian contingent and other invited contingents.
- The marching contingent taking part in the Victory Day Parade is led by a major rank officer of the gallant Sikh Light Infantry Regiment.
- The Regiment had fought with valour in the World War II and has proud distinction of earning four Battle Honours and two Military Cross amongst other gallantry awards.
- The Indian participation in the Victory Day parade will be a mark of tribute to the great sacrifices made by Russia and other nations in the Second World War in which Indian soldiers also participated and made supreme sacrifice.