Choose the correct pair(s) with respect to Indian constitution.
1. Article 17 - Abolition of Untouchability
2. Article 50 - Fundamental Duties
3. Article 44 - Equality before Law
A) 1 only
B) 2 only
C) 2,3 only
The President of India can act on his discretion under which among the following situations?
1. Appointment of Prime Minister when no party has clear majority in Lok Sabha.
2. Dissolution of Lok Sabha if council of ministers has lost its majority.
3. Dismissal of council of ministers when it cannot prove the confidence of the Lok Sabha.
B) 1,3 only
Distribution of powers between Centre and States in Indian Constitution is based on
A) Government of India Act, 1935
B) Government of India Act, 1919
C) Morley - Minto Reforms
D) Montagu - Chelmsford Reforms
Choose the correct statement(s).
1. The amendments which do not come under article 368 could be amended by simple majority in parliament.
2. The amendment seeking to make any change in any provisions mentioned in the provisions of article 368 must have special majority in parliament and must be ratified by half of the total states.
C) Both 1 and 2
D) Neither 1 nor 2
Which among the following 'Writs' is not specifically provided in the Indian Constitution?
D) Habeas Corpus
The President of India has promulgated the Tribunals Reforms (Rationalisation and Conditions of Service) Ordinance, 2021.
Which of the following statements regarding 'tribunals' are correct?
1. Article 323A consists of provisions with respect to Administrative Tribunals.
2. The provisions were added following the recommendations of the JVP Committee.
“Sankalp se Siddhi” is associated with
A) Skill development of women in unorganised sectors
B) Government's digital connect drive in collaboration with Facebook.
C) Activating Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in villages.
D) Atal Tinkering Labs
Identify the applications of High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT):
1. Cellular telecommunications
2. Radio astronomy
3. Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit chips
4. Satellite receivers
A) 1,2,4 only
D) 1, 2, 3, 4
Consider the following statements about Culex or Common house mosquitoes.
1. Culex mosquitoes are known carriers of Japanese encephalitis.
2. Unlike Aedes aegypti, Culex breeds in clean water.
Choose the correct statement[s]
'Greater Tipraland' is in news recently. What do you understand by the term?
A) Tripartite agreement between Government, Mizos and Bodos
B) Demand for a separate state for tribals of Tripura.
C) Economic integration of North-Eastern states
D) Urban Haats by MSMEs