Compulsory English Language
The English language is a compulsory paper that is qualifying in nature for the UPSC IAS Mains examination. Candidates who come from Hindi medium backgrounds worry about the preparation for the English language to appear in UPSC. English language paper of UPSC Mains examination on assessing the ability of the candidate to understand the series descriptive prose and check whether the candidates are able to express their ideas early.
English language paper consists of the following section in UPSC Mains examination:
- comprehension of given passages
- Short essays
- Precis Writing
Topic-wise preparation tips for compulsory English language paper in UPSC examination
the subject is designed to test the candidates writing skills, Express their opinion, and their overall knowledge of the vocabulary and uses of the English language.
let us know about the topic-wise preparation tape for compulsory English language paper in the UPSC Mains examination:
Preparation tips for comprehension
Writing comprehension is an important factor for the UPSC Mains examination. the section on comprehension consists of 75 marks. the following tips would help you to prepare better for English comprehension in the UPSC Mains examination:
- you must read the passage carefully before appearing the questions in the actual examination
- underline your words and important points would help you to recall the concept while writing the answers
- these candidates are advised to read the daily newspapers for increasing their vocabulary
Preparation tips for precise writing in UPSC Mains examination
students can refer to previous years’ question papers to analyze the level of questions that a car that comes for writing in UPSC Mains examination. it will help them to register the way of writing is required to qualify for the examinations with good marks.
Let us understand the tips for preparing precise writing in the UPSC Mains Examinations
- Reading comprehension is extremely important while answering precise writing for English language papers in the UPSC Mains examination
- you must make a note of the essential points that are mentioned in the passage for making reference while forming the answers.
- students are advised to prepare a rough draught of the important points and read them carefully before making a final comprehension.
- simple language must be used while writing the comprehension to enhance understanding and maintain clarity with the examiner.
Preparation tips for Vocabulary and usage in UPSC Mains examination
The students are advised to be very particular with a good understanding and knowledge of the vocabulary for securing good scores in the English Language Paper in the UPSC Mains Examinations.
Let us know the tips for preparing well for the UPSC Mains Examinations
- Read books and practice questions
- Refer to previous years’ question papers
- Solve practice papers
- Ensure correct usage of the words and sentences
- Make your lines simple and clear
Preparation tips for Short Essays in UPSC Mains examination
Short essays are required to be very precise and understandable with the examiner to acquire good schools in the UPSC Mains examination. it is an important band and reflects the understanding of an individual related to the topic.
let us understand the creation tips for short essays in the UPSC mains:
- Make it clear and write in easy and understandable words
- Ensure the order of correct words for expressing your views
- Do not use offensive and unparliamentary words while writing essays of the UPSC Mains Examinations
We hope that this information was very helpful for the candidates to prepare well for compulsory English language in the UPSC Mains examination and which good marks with better understanding of the relevant subject.
wish you All the best for your future and career ahead.