» PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA
PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA
ACHIEVERS IAS ACADEMY
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY)
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), launched in June last year, a total of 12,27,088 affordable houses for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in urban areas have so far been approved with a total central assistance commitment of Rs. 19,682 cr of which Rs.6,172 cr has been already released.
- Housing Scheme for All 2022 has been renamed to PMAY – Pradhan MantriAwasYojana.
- Scheme aims to construct about 2 crore houses in the country within these 7 years i.e. from 2015 to 2022.
- People who will be benefited through this scheme will be homeless ones, poor urban people and belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Beneficiary family should not own a “pucca” house
- The mission will support construction of houses upto 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- People belonging to Scheduled Casts(SC)
- People belonging to Scheduled Tribes(ST)
- Economically weaker section(EWS)
- Central Government has planned to grant subsidy for these beneficiaries to buy home.
- The subsidy amount will be from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.30 lakhs.